Junior Consultant Data Analytics (m/f/d)
The focus: Oracle Business Analytics und Enterprise Performance Management
Data is the elixir of life for every company, and the growth and diversity of data is almost immeasurable. The goal is clear: to use this treasure trove of data to tap into valuable business knowledge. Key figures measure the performance of the company, individual products or means of production, create a picture of customers and business partners, and with the help of predictive analyses and AI/ML, promise a glimpse into the future that is decisive for success. As a data analytics consultant, you will be working in this area of conflict. Based on the customer’s knowledge requirements, you will design suitable analytical data models, ensure efficient data storage and provide suitable query and evaluation options.
Challenging tasks await you:
- Your focus is on the customer’s knowledge needs, which are aligned with their business or technical/scientific goals, depending on the application. In addition, you obtain clarity about the existing data available in data profiling.
- In conceptual data models you will provide for the functional structuring of data. For the subsequent implementation with Oracle database technologies, you resort to relational, multidimensional, hybrid and for Big Data also NoSQL data schemas.
- For data storage you will use Oracle databases, data warehouses and data marts on premises and increasingly autonomous in the cloud. Performance management applications are realized based on Oracle Essbase. If required, you will also draw on open source products.
- The design of reporting and analysis applications and dashboards is carried out in close coordination with the customer. For the execution, the full range of Oracle Analytics products, competitor tools available at the customer as well as open source products are used.
- For data migration, you will provide support for data profiling, the conceptual design of the data transfer (ETL – extraction, transformation, loading) and the implementation of the ETL process, including the necessary automation and the provision of suitable test routines.
You bring to the table:
- Degree in computer science, business informatics, information management or industrial engineering with IT affinity
- Required knowledge and ideally practical experience in the following areas:
– Architecture and use of data management systems
– Conceptual modeling of data, business processes, business rules
– Logical and physical database design
– Data modeling for data warehousing and OLAP: Star Schema, Snowflake Schema
– Monitoring and online analysis: design and development of reports, dashboards, reporting systems on the web and mobile devices
- Interesting additional qualifications:
– Modern data visualization methods and technologies.
– Modeling of agile data warehouses: data vault
– Handling of business intelligence databases and applications, optionally in the following technologies:
– Object Relational, In-Memory.
– Multidimensional, Essbase
– Big Data (NoSQL, Hadoop + Spark frameworks)
– Oracle Analytics Cloud
– Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud
- Responsible use of digital technologies and AI with the goal of creating sustainable human user experiences
- Communication skills, abstraction and structuring abilities, diligence in creating documentation, and good German and English skills
- Mobility in project work at home and abroad